Movie Review 47: The Internship (Unrated)

Welcome Back Internet!

No big flashy intro this time. Just jumping right into the review. This time the Google product placement movie The Internship.

MOVIE REVIEW: The Internship

Pros:
I went into the movie not expecting to like it, and for most of the beginning of the movie I was more annoyed with the Rambling dialogue than I liked it. That being said the movie self corrected about half way through as the tone of the movie got more serious. less about the Wedding Crashers rambling and more about them actually doing something.

Oh, is it just me or is it weird that Wilson and Vaughn are practically the same characters from wedding crashers, again. They shoulda called it 'The Wedding Crashers Google Themselves' But I like them so it doesnt matter. The have great chemistry and seem like they're pretty good friends.

Oh, and Before I get to Cons. I'm amazed by Shawn Levy. this guy keeps cranking out solid movies but no one knows who he is. Big Fat Liar, Night at the Museum 1 and 2, Real Steel, Date Night, and even a few episodes of Animorphs. why is he so under the Radar?

Cons:
As I said the Beginning was Pointless riffing and rambling. Maybe this was an Uncut Version issue, but it annoyed me at times.

The overall story was pretty cliche, nothing amazing or groundbreaking. two old men inspire younglings at google, brought to you by google. that's about it.

I liked the Cosplay Shout out, but ultimately it let me down. I'd like a serious movie about a cosplayer. that'd be fun.

Now I know Blogger is owned by the Google but this whole movie was a gigantic ad for Google. I mean, how many times can you show a shot of Google in the movie before people catch on?

FINAL VERDICT: 74
Nothing amazing, but a fun film after the first 20 minutes.



So theres ya haves it, now on to another movie, or sleep, sleep sounds good.

Comments