Movie Review 46: Escape Plan

Hello Again!

went to see Fifth estate today, but I brain farted and switched the times for the two theatres near me. so I ended up seeing Escape Plan instead. oh well, I'll see fifth estate this week sometime.

in the meantime, the consolation prize, Escape Plan!

MOVIE REVIEW: Escape Plan

Pros:
well, Stallone and Schwarzenegger are still fun to watch. Stallone as a Prison escapist was an interesting turn, feel like I've seen it before. hmm, maybe on tv or something.

I liked the guard's outfits, they remind me of the Jabbawockeez.

as rudimentary as the movie was it was a fun little film. It played out just fine, and had a few twists in there that made it intriguing. I liked the idea of a floating prison and some of the little tricks he used were cool.

Cons:
It was a very run of the mill movie. nothing special at all. it felt very run of the mill and never did I really feel like the characters were well defined or the escape all that difficult. It was inescapable but they have shafts running below the solitary confinements? It just had too many holes to truly be inescapable.

It also felt too much like a cheesy 80's action movie at times. full of poor one liners and fight scenes but none of them felt needed. I guarantee you I won't remember this movie in a few weeks.

Final Verdict: 62
Decent movie but ultimately nothing special


So there's that, shrugworthy movie all around. now to make sure my wig is set to be here by Youma and to finish fabricating mechanical wings!

Comments