Movie Reviews 169-181

Hello everyone!

So, it's been a long time since my last Review, don't really have a good excuse for that, but I'm going to get back on the Bike and continue my review series.

Instead of spamming everything with the 11 reviews, I'm just going to do Truncated reviews and then continue on in the next post as normal! if you want a more Descriptive Review, ask in the comment section below!


169: Man from Uncle
This movie will go down as one of my favorites of the year. I loved the use of Music and the awesome Soundtrack The action was lots of fun and the acting and direction was solid all the way through. I highly recommend this film to anybody

Final Verdict - 95

170: Asian School Girls
I'll admit, I only watched this because of sexy girls in School girl outfits ("They Even know you'd fall for girls in school girl outfits!" "Yeah, well wouldn't anyone?" "F@#K Yeah!")

But this movie was horrible. the acting, cinematography, writing...or lack thereof, production design and even the choreography all looked like last minute additions to the 'lets put girls in revealing clothes and kick people. it wasn't fun, it made no sense, and it was just overall painful to watch.

Final Verdict - 6

171: American Ultra
I wasn't expecting much out of this, and that's kind of exactly what I got. It was a trainwreck from start to finish. some fun ideas here and there but overall just unbelievably murky, dark, and bland. the best part was the colorful animation at the end.

Final Verdict - 24

172: Transporter Refueled
in the 2 months since I've seen this movie, I've completely forgotten I've saw this movie.

I loved the first two transporter films, and mildly enjoyed the third. The show is bad, and then there's this. this is a hollow mockery of the series. I mean, if you're a super spy, how do you get kidnapped twice? like, really?

Final Verdict - 25

173: Maze Runner: Scorch Trials
The first movie was pretty good, this one adds to the lore, which is good, adds zombies, which is actually not very important to the story, and removes the Maze. this just makes for yet another hunger games/divergent/oblivion clone that may have some fun elements but overall it lacked the real intrigue the first movie had.

Final Verdict - 54

174: The Martian
Another contender for favorite of the year. This movie is Phenomenal. hands down one of the best movies I've seen in years, I cannot recommend it enough.

The visuals, acting, directing, cinematography, production design and everything else in between is top notch all the way through. My only gripe is the passage of time was a little to sporadic.

Final Verdict - 97

175: Bridge of Spies
This movie was good, not amazing. Spielberg does a great job, as always, but it just wasn't as intriguing as most of his other movies. it'll go the same route as Lincoln. I liked it but I wont particularly recommend it to anyone over other movies they can see.

Final Verdict - 82

176: Crimson Peak
Hmmmm, how to rate this? on one hand, it is the most beautiful movie i have seen in a long time. on the other it is a pretty poorly written, falsely marketed Gothic horror love story. I really enjoyed it, and I find myself thinking about it a lot, but there are many gripes I had with it.

first off was the unneeded inclusion of jump scares. The movie would have been perfect if it stuck to the creepy standard of horror. You don't need the Ghostly mom to all of a sudden reach her arms out and have a loud music sting. Seriously, she's trying to warn her daughter. why scare the daughter? or the rather dumb little closet ghost that served no purpose except to jump scare the audience. The movie could have been amazing if it just stuck to the creepy side. Have that ghost moving in the background unnoticed. don't have to have a loud music blare to tell you it's there.

otherwise this movie was gorgeous. absolutely gorgeous.

Final Verdict - 83

179: Steve Jobs
2 hours, 3 scenes, no action. Yet I loved it. Aaron Sorkin's writing was stellar. He told the story of Steve Jobs through only dialogue and never made it boring. something I doubt any other writer could go in today's Cinema landscape.

Final Verdict - 78

180: The Last Witch Hunter
Went into this expecting to hate it. actually found it as one of the most fun movies I've seen lately. Vin diesel is good as the immortal witch hunter and the rest of the cast does a pretty decent job. Especially rose Leslie as the witch who sides with him.

I really enjoyed the lore and visuals in this movie and even though i wouldn't consider it a 'good' movie. It's definitely one i enjoyed

Final Verdict - 79

181: Pixels
And finally, this steaming mess. I only liked one thing about pixels, the Pixels. The effects were great and fun. but everything else was horrible. From Adam sandler playing Adam sandler, to an illiterate Kevin James as president, to Olaf overacting, to the horrible writing, to the annoying Qbert. this movie was just a mess all around. I enjoyed part of it but otherwise it's just terrible

Final Verdict - 30






So that's my quick wrap up. expect more reviews coming soon including Spectre on Thursday!

Again, if you want a more lengthy review of any of these films post a comment below and i'll come up with a  full review!

Comments