Movie Review 183: Burnt


Burnt

I went into this movie with about as much enthusiasm as I did for Chef last year. Which is, not much at all. I like Bradley Cooper and the cast was pretty solid. But the 'has been chef looking for a second chance' has been done many times in many professions.

Yet, for some reason I really enjoyed Burnt. It's nothing I havent seen before and it's not revolutionary or wholly original in any real way. but it was a fun, and intense little drama. Which made me want to eat food. Much like Jiro Dreams of Sushi or Ratouille. This was a fascinating look inside the kitchen and unlike Chef I actually found myself engrossed in the kitchen drama.

Bradley cooper continues to prove he can carry a movie on his shoulders. This time he was just more pissed off and stressed out than before. Sienna miller complimented him well and even though i was a little annoyed at the relationship angle it never felt out of place like so many other movies.  The rest of the cast did a very solid job all around. especially Daniel Bruhl.

The writing was a little formulaic, and the trailers gave away some good moments. That being said I still enjoyed it nonetheless. The production design shined in the kitchens and unique restaurants. I loved the look of Reese's restaurant. it was futuristic, and I loved it.

Overall I liked the movie. it's nothing amazing but it's an intense character and food driven drama.

Final Verdict: 83

Comments